Low fat zucchini bread



Well, since I made my regular recipe for Zucchini bread loaded with fat and sugar {yum} I thought I better make some lower cal for me. I decided to try this recipe from Healthy Kitchen...I modified it slightly.


It's GOOD! It really satisfied me and was truly sweet enough without all the added sugar. The texture was good and the raisins were a nice addition. I added a few nuts too. It makes two 8"x 4" loaves, 8 slices each, 169 cal. .o8 fat. {without the nuts}


Low Fat Zucchini Bread


3 c. flour

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 egg plus 2 egg whites

1 c. unsweetened applesauce

1 c. sugar

2 tsp. vanilla

2 c. shredded zucchini

1/2 c. raisins

1/4 c. chopped walnuts


Sift dry ingredients and set aside. Beat egg whites and egg, vanilla, and sugar. Add to dry and mix well. Stir in zucchini, raisins, and nuts. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 40-60 minutes.



4 comments:

Created by Kath said...

Is that 2 cups zucchini?

Dale Marie said...

Laurie, You have been holding out on me with all these fabulous recipes and a blog to boot. I have always admired your stamping recipes and now this...I am going to love getting new tried and true recipes to cook.
You realize the next step is your own cooking show...
Your blog and recipes are yummy. Thanks for all the hard work and sharing.

laurie said...

Yes, I changed it to read cups!

Thanks, Laurie

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Our zucchinis should be coming into season within a couple of weeks (yes... we got a very late start on our garden this year) and I always end up making several loaves of zucchini bread. Great to have a lowfat recipe to try.