Paula's cheese sandwiches


In Paula's cookbook, Paula Deen Celebrates, I saw this recipe for cheese appetizer sandwiches. It sounded so good..and simple...and it was! I know I keep saying this, but honestly, Paula's recipes never disappoint me. I loved the creamy cheese mixture with the crunchy pecans. I made mine open face and added a sliced olive for garnish. They only took minutes to make and everyone really liked them!

Cheese Sandwiches
2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c. finely chopped pecans
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 T. grated yellow onion
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
one 1 lb. loaf thin sliced white bread{store brand or Pepperidge Farm}

In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, mayo, pecans, onion, and peppers. Mix well. Spread some mayo on each side of the bread, then spread the center with the cheese mixture and top with a second slice. Trim the crusts and cut into fingers or triangles.{makes 24-30 triangles}



4 comments:

Katerina said...

This is indeed so easy to make and with all this cheese you never fail.

Oliva Ohlson said...

Yummy! I'm definitely making this appetizer for our next neighbor's happy hour!!! TFS

Unknown said...

Perfect app! I just ate a grilled cheese sandwich but now I want one of these!!!!

CaSaundraLeigh said...

I agree--Paula's recipes are always a hit! She's an amazing woman--I'd love to meet her someday!