Beef Stir-fry



This was a new recipe for us this week....and it's a keeper! It not only looks fresh and bright, but tastes wonderful too.

My favorite thing about it were the crunchy, salty cashews. I even dumped some more on top of mine. I like stir frys and don't really know why I don't make them more often. They're so quick and easy, and usually more healthy...unless you overload on nuts like I did!


 Beef Stir fry
{Taste of Home}


2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 c. cold water
4 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
1 bunch broccoli, chopped
3 medium carrots, julienned
2 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak cut into thin strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp.pepper
2 green peppers, cut into strips
2 red peppers cut into strips
2 yellow peppers, cut into strips
1 onion, sliced
1 1/2 c. cashews



Combine the cornstarch, water and 2 Tbsp. soy sauce until smooth, set aside. Stir fry the broccoli and carrots in 1 Tbsp. oil until they begin to soften. Add the beef, garlic, pepper and remaining soy sauce, and fry until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, fry the peppers and onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Return beef to pan. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil, cook and stir 2 minutes until thickened. Stir in cashews and serve over rice.

its a keeper thursday
this chick cooks
Tasty Thursday
just something i whipped up

2 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

This is one of my favorite and often-made dinners. My kids have memories of me in the kitchen, making stirfry, listening to NPR 'All Things Considered.' I love this stuff. SO delicious, so colorful, and love the crunch of those cashews. I always put the cashews in a bowl, rather than in the stirfry, just in case (unlikely) that there are leftovers I can eat the next day. That way my cashews are always crispy, crunchy!

I think I'll make this for dinner tomorrow night. :-)

Pam said...

It's speaking to me for sure! It looks and sounds delicious!