Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo...pinned it and tried it




Pinned, tried and loved!

I couldn't believe this dish had less calories, as it tasted so rich and delicious for an Alfredo without cream! One serving is 450 calories, not bad! Nothing can beat real cream,I know, but this recipe is a good substitute when you are watching your calories. Make sure you get a good quality Parmesan cheese,and grate it yourself, as that makes such a difference in taste.

This dish satisfied that comfort food craving I've been having now that the weather is so cold. (they are saying possible snow today) I also added some rotisserie chicken, so that would change the calories some.

Speaking of cold, last night I went to bed, and fell into a deep restful sleep......only to wake up in the middle of the night to the cold wind howling outside the window. I started to worry about my pumpkin and mums on my front steps freezing. So off I went in my nightie and dragged them inside. I hope no neighbors were up watching...I must have looked a sight!


Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo

12 oz. fettuccine
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced ( I used 2)
3 Tbsp. flour
1 c. chicken broth
1 c.low fat milk
3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Cook pasta. Meanwhile in a saucepan, saute the garlic in the olive oil.  Add flour and stir, cooking for 1 minute. Slowly add the broth, stirring constantly with a whisk. Whisk in milk, and bring to a simmer. Cook 1 minute until thickened, and add cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
( I also added chicken.) Drain the pasta and add to sauce and toss to coat. Serves 4

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Barb said...

This looks good, especially since we LOVE fettuccine but must now watch that darn old cholesterol. Bad news about the temps in northern MN.....our home, too. Makes us want to stay on vacation in Canada, where today's temp was in the 60's!