Peanut Brittle



I made a batch of peanut brittle for Brent. I wasn't going too, but it's one of his favorites.

Usually each Christmas I make way too many goodies, so I have tried to cut the list down this year. But it's so hard to decide what to cut, as we like em all!!

I was going to make the recipe I make every year, but this one was right on the Fisher bag, so I was curious and made it. It makes a much larger batch then my regular recipe, and cooked pretty quickly for me. We really liked this one,too. I like the addition of the salt, as my old recipe didn't have any in it. You just shook a little on the cookie sheet before you spread it out. Other than that, they look the same, and pretty much taste the same too. Nothing beats homemade peanut brittle!




Peanut Brittle
(Fisher)


2 c. sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1/3 c. water
1 16 oz package raw peanuts
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. butter
2 tsp. baking soda

In a heavy sauce pan, cook and stir the sugar, corn syrup and water until it boils. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling until it reaches 250F Stir in peanuts and salt. Cook until mixture reaches 295F. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and soda. Mixture will change color and foam. Pour into 2 well greased cookie sheets. Cool and break into pieces. Store tightly covered up to a week.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: