Amish Macaroni Salad


I've been hanging out at Allrecipes again! That's always trouble for my waist!

 I found a BUNCH of recipes I want to try. This Amish Macaroni Salad was one of them. I have to say this was one of the creamiest macaroni salads I have ever had. It makes a ton of dressing, so I used only half of it, and then added a bit more right before I served it. It also calls for alot of sugar, so I cut down on that, and it tasted great!


Amish Macaroni Salad
allrecipes

2 c. uncooked macaroni (then cooked and drained)
3 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. dill pickle relish
2 c. mayo ( I used lite Hellmans)
3 Tbsp. mustard
1/4 c. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. celery seed

Mix the mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt and celery seed. Toss with rest of ingredients. Chill.

NOTE: I mixed about half of the dressing in before chilling. Then added some before serving to make it creamy. I did not use the whole recipe. This recipe also called for 3/4 c. sugar but I used only 1/4 c. then added a bit more to taste.)














Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Pam said...

This sounds great! We love mac salads and yours looks yummy!