Fall Pumpkin Bread




It's fall....time for some pumpkin recipes!

I love to keep this Fall Pumpkin Bread in my freezer. It's so nice to have on hand, and it freezes so well. We like to have a few slices for breakfast on weekends.



I usually make 2 smaller loaves instead of a large one, then I can make each one a bit different. For the one pictured here, I added some dried cranberries and walnuts. The one I froze has lots of chopped pecans. Another favorite add in is chocolate chips.

Whatever I add in, it's always moist and delicious!






Fall Pumpkin Bread

1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1/3 c. water
1 cup pumpkin
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. baking soda

Cream the sugar and eggs. Stir in the oil, water and pumpkin. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Combine and mix well. Pour into a well greased loaf pan and bake 60 to 70 minutes at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean. I cover the loaf with foil half way at 50 minutes and check every 5 or 10 minutes after that.



Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

This is making me hungry, Laurie. I've never tried it with cranberries but now I will.