Halloween Toffee with Graham Crackers



I haven't made these delicious treats in quite awhile, and there is a good reason for that. I eat the entire batch. Just ask Brent....he has to be quick to get any of these...lol!

I made them all the time when the kids were home. First...we all loved them...second I always had the ingredients on hand, and third...they are just SO quick and easy. I made them with soda crackers, and while I had tried them made with grahams (yum) I never made them that way myself. It was always soda crackers...I like the sweet and salty combo.

But I accidentally bought 2 boxes of grahams and needed to use some up. This recipe came to mind, and I talked myself into making a batch! (that didn't take long..lol)

I lined a cookie sheet with some parchment paper, and then added a layer of grahams. In a sauce pan I added a cup of brown sugar and a cup of butter, brought it to a boil and then simmered it for about 4 minutes. Then I poured it onto the grahams and baked them at 350 for 8 minutes. (The crackers move and bubble up, but don't worry) I took them out of the oven and dumped on about a cup and a half of chocolate chips. It takes a minute or two for them to melt. You can either kind of swirl them with a knife, of you can spread them out smooth. 

I always put them in the frig and let them set, them brake them apart into chunks. I also store them in the frig in a Ziploc bag.

Since I was serving them for a party, I added some Halloween candy google eyes and M & M's. 

Spooky!

AND SO TASTY!!!!

Whichever cracker you use, you will love them!

EZ Toffee with Graham Crackers

15 to 16 full size graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 -2 cups of chocolate chips

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Layer with graham crackers. In a saucepan, bring the butter and sugar to a boil and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour onto grahams and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit a minute until melted and then spread. Let set and break into pieces. Store in frig.



1 comment:

Pam said...

Woo hoo! Love this. I make them at Christmas time, easy and addictive!!!