Pecan Pie Candy


These were a fun addition this year to my cookie trays. Just like pecan pie but with chocolate around it! You can't beat that combo. (I do have an awesome recipe for pecan pie with chocolate chips that can be found here.) Anyway....I saw this recipe in a cooking group I belong too and had to give it a try!

We love pecans. I buy them in the huge bags from Costco and keep them in the freezer. I always have them on hand.

Actually I have all the ingredients for these on hand most of the time...uto that could be dangerous..lol!


They were super EZ to make...and eat...lol!




Pecan Pie Candy

1/2 c. graham crackers, crushed fine
1 1/3 c. pecans, toasted and chopped fine
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. plus 1/8 cup maple syrup
1/4 c. plus 1/8 c. butter, melted and cooled slightly
12 oz. chocolate almond bark

Combine and chill for 30 minutes. Roll into 1' balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Chill an hour and dip into melted chocolate. Let sit until set. ( made about 2 dozen)

No comments: