Cookin' Up North Snicker Doodle




It's fall and I'm bringing out the cinnamon and pumpkin recipes!
First up are Snicker doodles. I don't make them very often but every once in awhile I crave some. My hubby prefers chocolate chip every time I bake cookies. He will eat anything but I get tired of the same ole recipe.
So I dug out this one.
Such a great cookie... with a rich buttery crumb, crisp edges, and a soft middle.

The house smells like cinnamon...so warm and inviting!





Snicker doodles
1 cup of softened butter
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
Cream well, beating for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add:
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
Beat another minute or two.
Mix in dry ingredients:
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 and 3/4 cups of flour
Mix well and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour. Roll into 30 balls and then roll in this mixture:
1/3 cup of sugar
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
Place on parchment lined baking sheets, press middle down lightly with your fingers and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. (Less if you like them soft and more if crispy.)

No comments: