Lowfat Strawberry Ice Cream



I love using my ice cream maker and am always making vanilla because we like it SO much. It's just so perfect....so rich and creamy!

But I wondered what would happen if I tried some lower fat ingredients. Would it taste good? What would the texture be like?

So I tried making strawberry ice cream using 1% milk and half and half in place of the heavy cream.

We were really pleased! Of course it was not as good as with the real cream, but still..it was delicious!




Icy cold and packed with bits of strawberries!

I'll definitely make this again.





Strawberry Ice Cream

1 1/2 c. strawberries, chopped rough or fine, however you prefer
3/4 c. whole milk (I used 1 %)
2/3 c. sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/2c. heavy cream ( I used half and half)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Whisk the milk, sugar, and salt until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Stir in the strawberries. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Follow ice cream makers manufactures directions to make ice cream.

Links
Not baaad Sundays
Sweets for Saturday
33 shades of green
Sweetology
something swanky

3 comments:

Mimi said...

oh my gosh! i think i just died -- that looks delicious!!! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Care's Kitchen said...

I need an ICE CREAM MAKER! Love the low fat spin on this...every now and then! :)

blast freezers said...

What else could i ask for. It's absolutely healthy!