Home made tortillas





Oh..... these were GREAT!

When I was rolling them out I couldn't help but think of making lefsa.!
Except this recipe only makes 8, and takes but 30 minutes from start to finish. Lefsa takes me half a day.

These tortillas were thick and chewy, with a wonderful home made flavor. I served them with simple taco ingredients; burger, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, olives, green onions, and cheese.



Next time I'll try them for fajitas. They'd be perfect for that!



Tortillas
{Taste of Home}

2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. water
3 Tbsp. olive oil.

Mix together and knead 10 times. Add flour as needed. Roll into a ball and divide into 8 pieces. Roll into 7 inch circles and fry 1 minute each side in a nonstick skillet coated with spray until lightly browned. Keep warm until serving.


Links:

9 comments:

Care's Kitchen said...

Hi Laurie! So, it's been a while since Ilast visited! Love the look!!!!! Also love that you made your own tortillas! They looks WONDERFUL and so super easy!!!!! I will 100% make these!

Anonymous said...

Those tortillas look fantastic! I have been having such a craving for burritos. I have to try this recipe for tortillas. Thanks for the post!
www.soapmomskitchen.com

Rivki Locker said...

I would never think of making my own tortillas but these look amazing.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! And I'm also hungry.

Sassy Chef said...

Wow, I always fail at making my own tortilla, I'd try this recipe :) Thanks for dropping by, it's always nice to meet food bloggers. I hope you can join the linkup over at my blog during Tuesdays called Weekday Potluck :)

Unknown said...

Checking you out from the Cast Party link!! Those tortillas look yummy and easy!! I will have to try them! Thank you for the idea!

Tiffani
thoughtsfromtiffani.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I just used this! I didn't want to run to the store to get tortillas... it was fun to make them. Thanks for the recipe!

Kiran said...

These look great; can't wait to try them!

Anonymous said...

Hi! This kind of tortillas...named flour tortillas (tortillas de harina) ar soo delicious with almost everything, here in mexico we eat them with egg´s, cajeta (like caramel only made with milk), uhmmm but I never tried like you said, well tacos arent like that here xD, but sound´s interesting. Another thing, olive oil it´s a healty option for the original ingridient that it´s "manteca vegetal", and also we use baking powder,and whith almost the same recipe, adding flour for hotcakes you can make "gorditas", like soft cookies...ohh if u want to get fat eat mexican food =S hahaha just kidding,just don´t eat to much :)...great blog!