Lemon Cucumber Salad


I found these at the Farmers Market this week. Lemon cucumbers. I had never seen them before and had no idea they were cucumbers! They have such a pretty yellow color.

Anyway, I bought a few to try them out in a salad. They don't taste like lemon, but have a more mild cucumber taste. When you cut them open, they have quite a few seeds, and have a soft yellow color, almost white.

We liked them!

 Here's the salad I made:




Lemon Cucumber Salad

2-3 c. cherry tomatoes,halved
1 c. chopped, peeled, and seeded cucumbers
 1 tsp. oregano
2 tbsp. chopped green onions
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss with cucumbers and tomatoes.

Links
Savory Sunday

2 comments:

Andrea @Oasis Accents said...

Those are really different. I've never seen them but they look really cool. Thanks for sharing!

Cranberry Morning said...

I certainly would never have known those were cucumbers! Makes a lovely salad, though. Beautiful!