Cream Cheese Bars




One of my friends LOVES these bars, and makes them often. She likes to add almond flavoring, and serves them warm. So rich and delicious!

They are also great cold, but I do prefer them warm, not long out of the oven. Some people use cinnamon and sugar on top, and they are good that way also. I usually leave the nuts out, but just about any kind can be added.

It makes a large batch, and as they are so rich, I cut them fairly small. I often take them to potlucks, or serve them for company. But sometimes I do make half a recipe for just the two of us!

Cream Cheese Bars

2 pkgs. crescent rolls
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temp.
1 egg
1 1/2 c. sugar, divided
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla

Unfold one package crescent rolls, seal the seams and line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Beat cream cheese, 2 c. sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla. Spread over bottom crust. Unfold second can of crescents, seal the seams and place on top. Beat egg white, and brush on top of crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 c. sugar. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: