Ice Cream Torte


My sister in law gave me this REALLY good recipe years ago, and I dig it out of my recipe box and make it every summer. It's made in a 9 x 13 pan, but I made it in a 11 x 7 pan this time.

Why, you ask? Well, so the crust would be nice and thick,of course!

That's the best part, it's crunchy, nutty and caramel like because of the butter and brown sugar. You can really taste the coconut,too, as it bakes, it gets a toasted flavor.

Yep, it's a good one!


Ice cream Torte


3 c. rice Chex, crushed
1 1/2 c. coconut
3/4 c chopped nuts
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
Mix together, reserve 1/3 for top. Pat the rest in a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool completely. 

1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened

Spoon the softened ice cream on top and sprinkle with remaining topping. Freeze.


1 comment:

Michele said...

This recipe sounds delicious. I bet you could change it up a lot of ways too! Yum!