Heath Peanut Clusters


I've been busy cleaning my pantry and trying to use up bits and pieces of things. I keep everything, even a few tablespoons of rice in a bag! It got to a point I couldn't see what I had.

 I also buy new and forget about what's in the back. So I cleaned and sorted and checked dates. I need to make sure I rotate better and not be in such a hurry. What a mess!

It's been fun though, coming up with recipes to use up things before expiration dates. I think it is anyway..not so sure about Brent. But he usually eats whatever I make!  I had half a jar of dry roasted peanuts and half a bag of Heath bits, so I made half a batch of Heath Peanut Clusters. I KNEW he would like these!



I melted some chocolate and just dumped the nuts and bits in. Then I dropped spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet until they were set.


He loved them, but said next time.... add even more Heath bits!


Heath Peanut Clusters

1 1/2 lb. Chocolate candy coating ( I use Ghirardelli melts)
16 oz. jar dry roasted peanuts
8 oz. package of Heath Toffee Bits

Melt chocolate in microwave and stir in peanuts and toffee bits. Drop onto parchment paper until set. 








No comments: