Chicken Gumbo Sloppy Joe's



Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing a fun recipe that I used to make on busy weeknights when the kids were still in school. After I cam home from work I could whip this up in minutes. This sloppy Joe recipe has a can of chicken gumbo soup in it, and really adds a nice hearty flavor to this popular sandwich.

Here's the recipe:

Chicken Gumbo Sloppy Joe's
1 lb. burger with 3/4 cup chopped onions, browned and drained
1 can chicken gumbo soup
1/4 c. ketchup
3 tbsp. brown sugar

Mix together and simmer 15 minutes. Serve on buns.



3 comments:

Mary said...

I grew up eating "sloppy joes" this way, I was married in my 20's before I knew that this was not how everyone made their "joes". Love this way of making them, thanks for bringing to your blog!

Scrap grandma said...

This is the way I always make them.

Anonymous said...

I will reduce the sugar to 1 T next time. I added a small amount of cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to tone down the sweetness, but these were delicious!