Mondays with Mom Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies


I remember the first time I made chocolate chip pudding cookies. My mom had clipped out the recipe from a newspaper...she was always doing that! 

In fact, I can't even tell you how many newspaper clippings she kept. Now that I think back on it, that was really one of her hobbies. I think most of them were for recipes though. Like me, she loved trying out new recipes and had quite a collection of them. I enjoy reading through them, all yellowed with age! She would get a kick out of knowing I still have them.

Anyway, Mom and I thought this recipe sounded interesting...what would adding a package of pudding taste like? So we made a batch, and we loved them! Sweet and delicious, they were a winner. The texture was a bit more cake like, and they kept well for days. Mom liked to freeze them. AND I liked to raid the freezer and eat them frozen...they are even better that way!

I made this recipe tons of times when my kids were small too, but somewhere down the line I kind of forgot about them and stopped making them.


But the other day I felt like doing some baking, and this recipe popped in my mind, so I made a batch. As you can see in the photo one cookie is missing.....


I couldn't even wait to take the photo...I HAD to have one...lol! 

When Brent came home he ate one...ok..more like 3 or 4....and the first thing he said was, "you haven't made these for years!" 

I guess I'll be making these more often!

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp.soda
1 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1 c. or more of chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars, stir in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour,soda,and pudding. Mix well and stir in the chocolate chips. Bake on greased cookie sheets at 350 until lightly browned.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: