Chocolate Brownie Cookies with Ganache


I first tried these at a blood drive I was volunteering at our local church. I think I ate 2 and had to remind myself they were not for ME!! It was hard.... but I made it through the afternoon without eating more...lol!

BUT I did track down the recipe from a fellow church member and here I am sharing it with you today! 

I think the key to this recipe is in the baking...they can get dry...so be sure to take them out when they are just set and they will stay brownie like. The ganache also helps keep them soft.

They are not a milk chocolate cookie, which I know a lot of people are pretty fussy about. I on the other hand... do not discriminate. LOL!! I love ALL chocolate...milk, dark, white...I cant get enough!

It makes a nice size batch, I can't remember how many. They also freeze well too!



Chocolate Brownie Cookies

1 (4 oz.) package unsweetened chocolate
3/4 c. butter
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 and 1/2  tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour

Ganache
10 (oz) bittersweet chocolate chips
1 c. cream

Melt the chocolate and the butter until smooth and add the sugar. Mix well and stir in the vanilla. Add one egg at a time, beating well. Add flour, mixing altogether and refrigerate an hour. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes until JUST set. Cool on pan a minute and remove to racks. Cool.

For Ganache, heat cream to hot but not boiling, pour over chocolate chips and stir. Dip cooled cookies into mixture and set on racks to dry. ( you can sprinkle with nuts if desired)



Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

cookielover said...

Hey! Do you have a photo of the cookies showing what they look like inside? Thank you!