No Knead Bread






My daughter gave me a recipe scrapbook she had made me for Mother's day. I love it!!! I'm working my way through the recipes...so much fun to try them.( I'll include a few photos of the book below.)
One of my faves is the No Knead Bread. It's so easy to make and we love having a hearty slice with soups and casseroles. I dont even know if you can fail! It does require a dutch oven though.
Here it is:




Here it is:
No Knead Bread
( trish yearwood)
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of whole wheat flour
2 tsp. Salt
1 1/8 th tsp. Active dry yeast which is half of a packet.
1 1/2 cup warm water
1 c. Shredded cheese any flavor
Whisk the flours,salt and yeast. Pour in the water and combine to make a sticky dough. Cover with plastic and leave in a warm area for 8 hours. Preheat oven to 450 with the dutch oven inside.
Take some flour in your hands and form the dough into a round. Place on some parchment paper and lower into the dutch oven. Cover with lid and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and top with cheese. Bake another 10 to 15 minutes until hard.










1 comment:

Pam said...

Bread looks great, but that is the best jam ever, I love it!